Join Our Team
Pediatric Dental Assistant
We are looking for a friendly, energetic, dependable team player to join our busy pediatric dental practice on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. Must enjoy working with children. Additional hours are available for the applicant who can also assist with reception duties on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The ideal candidate should have at least 1 year or more dental assisting experience and some dental receptionist skills.
Assisting duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by taking digital xrays
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
-Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Other duties might include:
- Answering phones
- Taking emergency calls
- Scheduling appointments
- Verifying information and insurance
- Recare program
Part-time employment 22-32 hours per week
Rate of pay between $14 and $18 per hour depending on experience
6 months to 1 year dental assisting
Pediatric dental assisting experience preferred not required
Eaglesoft software experience preferred not required
Proficient at Microsoft Word
High school or equivalent required
Training as a dental assistant preferred
X-ray certification required
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour